Saturday, September 27, 2008

Motivation!

Outside of completing a minimalist layout for the upcoming payload map competition...I have accomplished exactly nothing in the way of video game design. I haven't picked up any text books, cracked open a level-design program, started up photoshop...zero, zip, zilch. There are those who would say I'm just dreaming if I can self-teach my way into the doors at Valve, Blizzard, EA, or any prominent developer. While it's certainly a long shot, I all but guarantee the nay-sayers are correct by continuing on my current apathetic course.

Having said that, I suppose I should get to work! I leave you with my payload map layout:


I had already begun this layout before the contest was announced. It was intended to be an attack/defend map in the style of dustbowl. The payload map (henceforth known as black canyon) version will require a few changes, the biggest being reduction of points. Black canyon will have 4 cap points, similar to Valve's badwater basin map. The basic idea is players will fight alongside a river leading to red team's dam at the end.

Goodbye for now!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Work hard and you'll get there! :)

Couldn't happen to a nicer geek... um, I mean guy... yeah...