Friday, September 19, 2008

My first contest entry



TF2Maps.net recently hosted a mini-mapping contest. The prize: nothing! Not to be deterred by this minor detail I entered. Entrants had to create a prefabricated building that fit in a 1024 x 2048 grid. Your entry could be Red themed or Blu themed. After all entries are received the community will vote for the winner.

The entrants are shown above. The contest is over and the voting is pretty well over. I tried to go off the beaten path with my entry: I designed a gentlemen's club. (That's what I get for asking my clan-mates for ideas). I'm not going to win and I never expected to do, this is the first real work I have ever put out there for public criticism.

I did manage to get one vote from a poor, tasteless soul so I'm pretty pumped despite the fact I'm certain it was a mis-click of the mouse.

Posting this work has given me some needed criticism and instilled me with enough confidence to enter the next contest at TF2Maps.net: creating a one-stage payload map for TF2. Details can be found here.

No comments: