Friday, June 19, 2009

A new enemy lurks...

In the murky pre-dawn hours of Thursday morning an affliction was set loose upon my back. Upon awakening I discover previously simple movements have become painful and agonizingly slow. In one fell swoop I am reduced to tank-like efficiency: my head no longer comfortably pivots on my neck, turning my body as a whole is now necessary in order to glance at my periphery. Like a reject from an early Resident Evil game, I stumbled out of bed and headlong into my new dreary existence.

I, like many gamers who have come before me, do not practice good posture. Slouch all day in an office chair at work. Slouch most of the night before bed in an office chair at home. I am become the slouch...and it is my back whom now must pay the terrible toll.

Like any gamer worth his weight in Mountain Dew, I sought better 'gear' to equip myself with to facilitate my quest to slay my enemies. I asked for - and received - a better office chair as my Father's Day gift. Now properly equipped, I seek to do battle with my sad posture of the day previous. The battle will be glorious, but victory is not assured.

If I do not return...tell my family I love them.

V out.

2 comments:

David Yoder said...

Here is my suggestion: exercise. I had a bad knee that would I would constantly tweek twice a week. After me and the wife got gym memberships no more tweeking. Just do it dude. Go get that gym membership and your back will feel much better... no matter how you sit.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... Freedom to slouch is an inalienable right given to all PC-using peoples.