Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Resistance is NOT futile



So, I spun up the disc for Resistance Fall of Man today in my PS3. The last time I played an FPS on a console system was around the time of Halo 2. After spending 10 minutes with the game I remembered why it's been so damned long: Playing an FPS on a gamepad is such an unorthodox thing for me. It goes against my grain. A more unnatural way to play a game I could not conceive.

I could invest some time into this game and no doubt rejigger whatever portion of my brain rails against this input method. For what reason though? Is there a frigging famine of well-made shooters on the PC? I fear Resistance will not find itself featured in the column to the right.

Last week I wrote about the crossroads I faced. This week I can relate to you the decision I made. Starting July 1 and continuing through the end of September I'll be devoting one full month to each option. At the end of the 3 months I'll make a choice based on which one I enjoyed more. July will be for webcomics, August for level design, and September for writing.

Who knows? Maybe I'll figure out what direction I want to go in before the 3 months is up. Should be fun either way and I look forward to updating you on my progress in the weeks to come.

No comments: