Friday, June 18, 2010

What I'm playing: 6/18/2010



League of Legends:

I dig on MMOs.  I love RTS games.  Then along comes Riot Games, combining the 2 genres into a multiplayer, PVP-driven game.  I should probably also mention that the game is free.  There is no excuse for me to not play this game, and oh boy do I play it.  In 5 short months LoL has become the #2 most played game on my xfire profile.  I'll talk more at length about LoL in a future blog.

Phoenix Wright Justice for All:

I really enjoyed the first game and finally got around to pick this up on Goozex recently.  Justice for All reuses much of the graphics, characters, and gameplay from the first game.  It's more of the same and that's exactly what I wanted.  It does add one new mechanic that enables you to break through some of the lies being told to you while you are investigating between courtroom battles.  My lone complaint from the first game was the investigations became boring over time, and this change makes them much more interesting (and provides a means for you to refill your health meter).

Lord of the Rings Online:

I finally pulled the trigger on a lifetime subscription a few months ago.  Knowing this, one might think I should be a little upset at Turbine's announcement that LotRO is going free-to-play.  I'm really not though.  Free players are getting a gimped LotRO.  Maybe if I were new to it I wouldn't mind playing a scaled-down version. 

Modern Warfare 2 (multiplayer):

Sometimes I love this game and other times I hate it.  My love/hate is directly proportional to how well IWNet is working/not working at the time.  I'll probably never play this game as much as say a Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress 2.  Though when it plays the way it should (no hackers or poor connection issues), it's one of the more enjoyable multiplayer shooters in my library.

Age of Empires 3:

One of my favorite RTS games.  Trying to polish off the rest of the campaign right now.  I've always adored the physics in this game.  Slamming my enemies colony with cannon fire never gets old.

No comments: