Sunday, October 5, 2008

Arena map!

I have temporarily shelved the payload map project I have been working on for the contest. I decided to put some work in on an arena map I sketched out a few weeks ago. My thought process is that the arena map will take much less time while providing me with valuable insight before approaching my payload map. It's loosely based on the alpine lumberyard theme for now. Here is the sketch:


I have the basic layout already blocked out (sorry no pics yet), and have already learned a lot just from that. For one thing, I have a tendency to make things waaaaay too big. My sense of scale definitely needs work. It turns out, the arena map was very forgiving in this regard. Resizing the whole map did not take long at all. I shudder to imagine resizing a huge 4 point payload map.

In football news, both of my fantasy teams look like they should lose, but with a victory for the Vols, the Dolphins (go Pennington!), and the Titans it's been a great football weekend.

No comments: