Saturday, October 25, 2008

Psychonauts and Goozex


Finally finished it off today. It was an enjoyable game all around. I wish more games had the sense of humor Psychonauts has. Good production values, I really dig the art style. Imaginative gameplay, the game does an excellent job of mixing it up and keeping it fresh. The endgame gets a bit stale gameplay-wise, but that's only because at that point you have learned all of your special moves and tend to stick to what works best for you. The last level was one of those levels that makes you glad when the game is done, a bit too long for my taste. All in all, it's a shame this one didn't do well at retail, I would love to buy a sequel.

I received Call of Duty 4 from Goozex this week. I signed up for the service a long time ago, but only recently had I rediscovered it. For those of you who don't know: all games have a point value, people trade you points for your games you trade those points for games you want...very simple and a good system in place to keep all parties happy. Anyway, I have a lot of old PS2/Gamecube/Xbox/PC/GBA games I don't play anymore (or never opened to begin with). I am looking to start consolidating my collection, only retaining those games which I know for certain I will pick up and play again. Pretty good so far, and I am currently 6th in line to pick up Dead Space for PC, so I'm pretty excited about getting a very new title with my very old games. Not to mention I will save lots of money. This paragraph just reminded me, sometime soon I need to put up pictures of my game collection.

Back to COD4 though, the game is amazing. I likely will avoid the multiplayer (CSS & TF2 are quite enough for my tastes thank you, no room for another at this point), but the single player plays like a dream. I haven't had this much fun with an FPS since Half-Life 2. Very well done storyline and excellent gameplay combine for a great single player experience. Best of all, as soon as I am done with it, I'll drop this bad boy back on Goozex and pick up points while it's still a hot game. I'll probably come back later when the demand and point value has come down since this definetley a game I want in my permanent collection.

What are you playing now?

V out.