Friday, December 12, 2008

de_???

Last week's mapping update was long on detail, but short on gameplay. I've decided to set the detail aside for while and concentrate on getting the map blocked out. As I worked on it, I wanted more and more to make it a bomb defusal map. I have no clue what to name it and am not sure I will stick with the dust 'theme' or not.

Having said that, the map so far is very blocky and very unoptimized. The textures are basic orange and grey developer, nothing fancy. I did use some signs to convey which direction you should go to reach A or B though. I ran bots through it twice today to see how the balance is. Both times the CT got out to an early lead, but T side quickly caught up and made the matches even.

There is nothing to speak of in the way of cover right now. That's something I will add when I tweak the layout after running bots through a few more times. There are a few spots where the sightlines may be a little too sniper friendly and I want to fix these obvious issues before doing any major playtesting.

Ok, enough jibba jabba, here are some pics, click it to view a larger version:

No comments: