Saturday, April 4, 2009

In loving memory


I'm not ashamed to say that Left 4 Dead has consumed 90% of my free time this week. Bioshock, has become neglected, still setting on the ivory pedestal I placed it upon this time last week. Shenmue, Command & Conquer 3, and Age of Empires 3 are simply cadavers heaped in a pile. Waiting to be burned. Casualties of the zombie apocalypse. Our Hunter's Lounge server activity reads like a regular heartbeat on an EKG monitor.

Amazing that a game with only two maps can become such a powerful force of attraction. Yes, I know campaign mode has 4 maps. Can I play as infected in these maps? No? Then they dont exist.

I believe multiplayer FPS gamers tend to gravitate towards certain maps at the exclusion of others. For my clan, it was de_dust2 and cs_office in Counter Strike: Source. Much of our time in Team Fortress 2 was spent in cp_dustbowl or pl_goldrush. L4D has only 2 maps, these 2 maps just happen to be on par with a dust2 or a goldrush. Valve can take all the time they want in making those other campaigns playable in versus mode. I'm in no hurry.


Oh yeah, work progresses on our TF2 mapping project. It's not dead.


It's not living either.


Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNN.

1 comment:

AmishAmbush said...
This comment has been removed by the author.