Sunday, February 15, 2009

On a boat

Something very strange has happened: My brother has become a PC gamer. My brother, whose gaming experience consists mainly of Super Mario Kart and Wii Bowling. He isn't a pretender either: He bought a sweet rig with a monitor better than my own! Left 4 Dead is the game responsible for this beautiful transmogrification. After spending some time getting the controls down, he played a versus mode game with me over the weekend. Not only was he NOT a liability to the team, he was a productive member of the group and took direction very well. I couldn't be a prouder brother.

While on the topic of family gaming: My wife has been addicted lately to Animal Crossing on the DS. This led her to start playing the Gamecube version and has now managed to pull me in as well. There is no denying the gravitational pull of this game. If only selling seashells and turnips could pay off my mortgage in real life.

Old games are my trend here recently it seems as I've also got back into playing Diablo 2 a little. A group of us from my gaming clan are going through the game together. We don't plan to stop until we defeat Baal on the 'Hell' difficulty setting. It's fun and I wish I had some idea of the amount of time I poured into this game during my pre-Xfire days. I'm playing the Amazon class, one I have no previous experience with. I've decided to forego browsing the interwebs for the best builds. Preferring a pure experience, I want to live and die with my character choices. And yes, I watch the cinematics between Acts and pay attention to the storyline. I enjoy the game for what it is...not what someone else thinks it should be.


No comments: