Friday, January 9, 2009

How did I do?

The college football season is officially over and Florida has been crowned national champion. Let's see how my BCS bowl picks stacked up to the actual results shall we?

BCS National Championship: Oklahoma #1 vs. Florida #2
my pick: Oklahoma keeps it close for awhile, but Florida pulls away in the 2nd half.

Right on target!

Rose Bowl: #5 USC vs. #8 Penn State
my pick: Nobody wants to play USC right now. Sorry JoePa.

Another winner!

Orange Bowl: #12 Cincinatti vs. #21 Virginia Tech
my pick: Cincinatti wins in a close one.

Wrong! *yawn* how many watched this snore fest?

Fiesta Bowl: #3 Texas vs. #10 Ohio State
my pick: Ohio State gets embarrassed on a national stage yet again.

This game was my motivation for the first blog entry. I had it wrong on Ohio State, they played well enough to win this game. I still don't like them, but they earned my respect for this performance. Thanks Ohio State, for not laying an egg.

Sugar Bowl: #4 Alabama vs. #6 Utah
my pick: Alabama takes out their frustration and wins big. Am I the only one who thinks Bama vs. Texas would be a lot more fun to watch in the Fiesta Bowl. Having said that, Boise State vs. Utah would be enjoyable as well.

Thanks Alabama. You made me wrong and embarrassed the SEC on a national stage. Good job Utah.

No comments: