Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mighty, mighty backlog

The quest to finish the backlog began this week. Many worthy titles inhabit the list of recently played, but thoroughly unfinished. The most recent game on this 'sad-face' list is Age of Empires 3. I am fortunately not too far removed from playing AOE3's campaign that I don't remember where the storyline is. I also particularly enjoy the naval warfare in this game. Jumping back into this pre-colonial world should be no problem.

But there is a problem.

Two big ones to be exact: the undead horde....and Tolkien. Killing infected has turned into a nightly obsession. I've added more friends and made more acquaintances while in the sweet embrace of this game than any who have come before it. There's something about killing zombies together that inspires brotherhood. And if a brother sends out a call to arms...who am I to deny? Now that I'm paying to play in Middle Earth, I feel compelled to play in Middle Earth and justify my cost. Here's hoping that a schedule of some sort can be worked out. I don't like feeling guilty for playing other games while I have LOTRO on subscription.

I should probably go kill some infected now. Cures all ailments.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

lol... yeah, that's all I've got...