Friday, March 13, 2009

Ashes everywhere

My apologies for having no update on wednesday. My new graphics tablet came in the mail and to be fair I didn't have the desire to entertain anyone but myself. Now that I've begun to plumb the depths of what my new creative utensil is capable of, tis time to get back on task. I halted progress on the map layout while waiting on the tablet to arrive. My layout design tools to this point had been an antiquated pencil, an equally archaic eraser and a sheaf of antediluvian graph paper. I can shelve those dusty appliances, or better yet burn them in the fireplace, and continue my work in the digital brilliance it deserves. My scanner weeps softly in the background as I write this...the only thing saving it from a similar fiery fate is it's continued ability to satisfy my print and copy needs.

I installed Bioshock this week anxious to get the sour taste of Blacksite out of my mouth. I played the demo months ago and enjoyed it immensely. What could have compelled me to install the full .exe this late? I have no answer but to proclaim a lack of taste in general towards PC games, i.e. I will play anything put in front of me. I have little time to enjoy single player jaunts, these precious minutes should focus on what people with real taste have deemed to be good games. Steeling my resolve, I throw my copy of Soldier of Fortune: Payback at my still-wailing scanner.

I don't want to say that everything broken is made whole just yet, but our L4D competitive team feels like it is back on track. Communication has improved and I have focused on supplying direction and pushing the squad through the levels at a better pace. We won a close match against a good team last night. A quick word of thanks to Valve for making the smoker class more useful with the last update.

That's all I got,
Van

p.s. About the image: It was on the first page under "crying" on Google Images. Couldn't pass it up.

No comments: