Monday, March 16, 2009

Tanks on every level


My Intel Room Contest entry is going pretty well so far. I'm nearly finished building it and expect to hit the 3/20 deadline with no issues. It ended up being an egyptian tomb-like space. Someone has already submitted an egyptian themed intel room, but I'm confident mine will be different enough to merit a closer look. While still working on the contest entry, I finalized the layouts you see above for the upper level of our base in our ctf map project. I was able to produce a couple of variations on the core layout, and make a final decision on which one worked better. We've already chosen one, but I would be curious to see which one my reader's preferred and why.

Bioshock has been a joy to play so far. I find myself forgetting it's not a run and gun shooter. It's much more tactical. The game punishes anyone who just runs in guns blazing. You have to use the environment and your unique abilities to get through the levels with efficiency. I really enjoy planning my attacks, even if they don't always come off without a hitch. Tricking a splicer into shooting a
Big Daddy instead of me, then picking up the pieces after the ensuing melee is pretty fun.

I mentioned Friday that our L4D team had hit our stride again. Turns out I was correct in my assessment: we won our first ladder match on TWL last night. 1893 to 1094. There were tanks on every level, so it was a hard-fought victory. We led most of the game, but didn't clinch it until the finale. Good to get a win.

1 comment:

AmishAmbush said...

Surely they could have fixed the tank glitch in Blood Harvest by now. It is bad enough we only get two verses maps but to ignore a major glitch like this where it makes one of the two maps unplayable is frustrating. Valve needs to be better about giving their player base regular update son how patches and content updates are coming. I am not talking about giving us a date when it comes out but how about a paragraph or two every once in a while telling us how things are coming along. Lack of content + no communication / not fixing a game crippling glitch = fail.