Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going out of doors...

I kept my word and pulled myself away from the spawn area after a week's effort. Really could have spent more time on it, but the rest of the level desperately needs some TLC. Was able to work my way forward in the level a good bit. Trying to leave myself spots where I could extend the level or shorten it if need be depending on how testing goes. Hoping to have the first test for this level by the end of the month. No promises, but I would like to keep my present pace if possible.

The only screens I have for you today are in-editor. Not far enough along to start compiling without seeing a large amount of developer textures, but I may have a few in-game shots for you by Friday. Without further ado:


(Yes, those houses are copied and pasted direct from Death Toll. No, I'm not using them for anything more than a placeholder.)

Took my level work outdoors yesterday. Walked around an older part of Knoxville to snap some reference images, looking specifically for places that could pass for abandoned warehouses and alleyways. Came away with some good pics and definitely got what I came for. Thinking about visiting the riverside area for some more ideas (the level I am working on contains an area close to the ocean and has a dock).




All in all, I feel the level is progressing nicely. This is the furthest along I've ever come on a project and my confidence in being able to actually see it through to the end is higher than it's ever been.

Van out.

3 comments:

David Yoder said...

Let me know next time you go out on one of these photo taking missions. I would like to go along.

Corion said...

That PARK sign looks a heck of a lot like the model in the game.

Unknown said...

@ Yoder: It's a date.

@ Corion: I thought the exact same thing. Had to get a pic.