Sunday, October 4, 2009

Prevarications

By now it's safe to assume none of you believe a damn thing I say. Making a gaming blog he says. Gonna create a Left 4 Dead campaign he claims. It's not news to me. I know I'm full of crap. See, my problem is spending more time playing games than making/writing about them. Being a gamer is somehow written into my DNA. It's not my fault. Really.

On that note, I finally managed to pull myself away from Lord of the Rings Online for a break. I rediscovered Team Fortress 2 and of course the new content for L4D has me killing zombies again every night. Also, as weird as it sounds I played and finished Jak and Daxter for the PS2. Not sure how it happened, but it was a very enjoyable game all the same. Additionally, I'm pretty deep into Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker and just wrapped up Crysis.

I managed to find time to sketch out a TF2 map and am pretty happy with how it is turning out. It's for the new King-of-the-Hill gametype and looks to be something I can actually finish.

Have a look (click to enlarge):




This doesn't mean the L4D campaign is shelved by any means. It's just been hard to stay motivated to work on it while not playing the game for such a long while. Now that I'm back to playing nightly and with L4D2 just around the corner, I'm sure my work on it will pick up.

You believe me, right?

No comments: