Sunday, October 11, 2009

More images...



Finally solved the issue I had getting fire to work in-game. It took having a fog_controller entity present and hitting the right flag options on env_fire. You may notice I changed the spawn a little further...the rescue vehicle is no longer wrecked. I got to thinking I needed something behind the survivors to block off the level. While I enjoyed the idea of having the survivors wreck to start the level, it gradually occurred to me they couldn't drive through whatever I put behind them. I can't exactly have an open road back there. Maybe I can come up with a way for it to make sense later, but I think that's all the tinkering I'll do for now with the spawn area.

The next images you see will be of the entire level and I'm really excited to connect this part with the rest of it all. I'm working hard to make the level tell a story to the player about what happened before they came along. Forcing myself to consider the landscape I am creating as a place that could exist in the real world (sans zombies) has stepped my work up a notch. Let me know what you think of what I am doing. Would love to hear your opinions and ideas!

V out.

No comments: